Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 1 It's Go Time

Months of praying, months of waiting and months of stalking my email, my mailbox, and my phone are finally about to be put behind us. In a few short hours we will begin our journey to the other side of the world to meet a little girl who has little to no idea of what is about to happen. For all the waiting we have endured and all the anticipation this precious little girl is about to have her life disrupted in a major way. We covet your prayers that God continues to prepare her heart to receive the overflowing love we have to provide her. So as we are about to embark on this journey, I want to share the words of one of our kid's youth pastor. Brian Bennett wrote the following based on the book 'Just Courage'.

"It is a journey we don't have control over. We give control to Christ before we head out, and we give it over to Him again every day. It is a journey that requires deep trust to allow Him to reshape us along the way, trusting that He knows what is best. It is a journey of risk. We risk to forgive, risk to love, risk to see the world around us transformed by God's hope and love. God is calling each of us to go with Him on a journey from the visitor center to the top of the mountain. It's a journey we will never forget and whose beauty we can never imagine. God's promise to us is simple: I will be with you. I will never leave you or abandon you. As you exercise your strength, I will give you more. As you pour out your love, I will refill you. As you trust me, I will deepen our relationship."

It's Go Time!



7 comments:

  1. THIS is the day The LORD has made! Rejoicing here in TX and oh-so GLAD in it!!!

    Oh Paige, I so clearly remember that call last summer when you first described the precious little girl being referred to as "Hattie." There was just something in your voice that made me believe she would be yours...

    Dear Kinley, May God bless you and keep as you meet your family. May He fill your heart with peace and comfort as you are led into this new life of love and security...Such a big transition for one so little. May He calm every fear. And as you grow, may you know without a doubt that God planted you in your Mommy's heart the moment she saw your sweet face. That He had prepared your Mommy's and your Daddy's hearts to recognize you as their very own baby girl and to trust in Him to bring you home to them, no matter what. Kinley, you are a precious gift, a blessing beyond measure to your Forever Family, just as they will be to you. Baby girl, FOREVER, For ALWAYS...YOU ARE LOVED!

    - Auntie Amy

    Paige and Steve, Jenna and Liam, as you wing your way to Kinley and Lauren and Ryan, as you wait anxiously at home to meet your baby sister...my family's thoughts and prayers and every best wish are with you...with JOY that this day has come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful on so many levels. I type this with tears in my eyes. Kinley will be a Galbierz! She was always meant to be a Galbierz and I can't wait to meet her. I will be praying for you all. What a beautiful reminder of Christ's love for us. I love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an amazing trip! And thank you for letting me follow along from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much to for letting us share in your amazing journey. We are so excited for your family and (God willing) hopefully leading us down a path towards adoption as well. We are praying for safe travels & a smooth path ahead of you on this journey. We can't wait to meet Kinely. (Stacy, Keith & Hailey Webb)

    Hailey wants me to tell you......love Hailey. She typed "Love Hailey" by herself by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice job getting the new blog going! Your family is amazing and a real inspiration to us. We can't wait to follow your journey now. Praying for safe travel and open hearts for all of you. - The Burwells

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paige and family, I am so happy for you to have your journey to your little girl to be coming to an end. Good luck with all. I love you and am praying all goes well. I know you love her with all your hearts and she is a very lucky little girl. Keep us posted. You're in my thoughts.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Gotcha Day!! Your lives will be forever changed - for the better. We can't wait to meet little Kinley.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete